Friday, December 23, 2016

VRQ 0.89h release

VRQ 0.89h is released with the following changes

1. Fix UP compile issue.
2. Refine take_other_rq_task(), which create a code path for cpu running scaling frequency.
3. Code clean up and remove un-used code.

I'd spend the rest week of this year to double check if there are still helpful feature in previous VRQ not yet been ported to 0.89, if no, there will be 0.9 release at the end of 2016.

Enjoy this X'mas release of VRQ, :)

code are available at
https://bitbucket.org/alfredchen/linux-gc/commits/branch/linux-4.9.y-vrq
and also
https://github.com/cchalpha/linux-gc/commits/linux-4.9.y-vrq

All-in-one patch is available too.

BR Alfred 

2 comments:

  1. @Alfred,

    Merry Christmas to You.
    Unfortunately there still is D3 issue using ondemand in this version as well. The same huge slowdown as in g version.
    Con's mux works well in this scenario, mainline as well.

    Actually, You can reproduce this Yourself, game has a free demo, but You have to register to battle net. I think that would help You a lot more than me indicating the issue here.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/ , probably 10GB download. Just enter the game, You don't have to play it, even at start it lags a lot when using oondemand.

    Thanks for Your efforts and BR,
    Eduardo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Eduardo
      I have sent you a patch to your email. Like I said in the email, I have D3 install in my Win PC but I haven't been a wine user, so it may take me some time to set it up and likely I am not able to do that in this two weeks as new year holiday is coming.

      Delete