PDS 0.98w is released with the following changes
1. Rework rq->sl_header data structure. Now, it is a pointer to the idle->sl_node. This unify sl_node -> task conversion.
2. Policy based task_preemptible_rq(). IDLE/BATCH/NORMAL tasks now has their own strategy in the ttwu code path.
3. Rewrok take_other_rq_task() code path. This code change is prepare for the incoming SM_NICE feature.
4. Try to take tasks from other rq when prio downgrade. Now when rq is going to switch to a low priority task than previous, it will look up if there is higher priority tasks from other run queues.
5. Introduce sched_rq_pending_masks. This replace the sched_rq_nr_running_masks, and provide better filter mask for take_other_rq_task code path.
5. Change per cpu cpu_has_smt_sibling to sched_sibling_cpu. Another preparation for SMT_NICE.
6. Fix UP/non-SMT compilation warning.
#1 and #2 are the new code changes. I personally like the #1, which actually implement the idle task as the tail of the task link in the rq, just like the old school book said. Other changes are preparation for SMT_NICE in the next release.
Enjoy PDS 0.98w for v4.18 kernel, :)
Code are available at https://gitlab.com/alfredchen/linux-pds.
All-in-one patch is available too.