PDS 0.99c is released with the following changes
1. Fix and sync-up reset on fork handling. In some cases, reset on fork will not work proper. This fixed the issue.
2. Unified time slice for FIFO tasks. Now every task(except for the idle) has the rr interval as time slice.
3. Handle SCHED_BATCH as SCHED_IDLE. Consider the fact that BATCH tasks is more like the IDLE policy task but compete cpu with NORMAL tasks. This commit handle BATCH tasks as IDLE policy and leave NORMAL policy tasks at NORMAL priority alone.
4. Enable SCHED_DEADLINE support. Mainline has SCHED_DEADLINE policy and PDS has to support it, no matter in kernel space or user space. PDS support it by squash it as priority 1 FIFO task.
5. Optimize ISO branch in normal_prio(). An minor optimization in normal_prio().
This release includes the first part of task policy support review in PDS, and plus some minor optimization. The rest parts of the review, including the rework of ISO policy will be out in next release.
Enjoy PDS 0.99c for v4.19 kernel, :)
Code are available at https://gitlab.com/alfredchen/linux-pds
All-in-one patch is available too.