PDS 0.98m is released with the following changes
1. Unify 32/64bits handing in task_preemptible_rq(). This makes 32/64bits system has the same code base(again). Personally, I'd love to see my raspberry pi running same scheduler code with my laptop.
2. Remove cpu scaling interfaces. Based on recent testing, there is no regression to drop these interfaces. Removing these also cut of overhead.
3. Accurate preempt for RT tasks. Before this release, RT tasks wake up on 32bits system is not fully based on their priority(kind of a bug).
4. Refines and code clean-up in several functions.
5. Fix some wrong likely/unlikely usage in PDS code.
These changes are inspired by the experimental cachehot patch. Aim to reduce the overhead in the existed code path and make the design simple. Another obvious change is in the patch size, -5KB!(No one cares, right?) For the sanity tests, there is slight improvement, no regression was found so far.
Enjoy PDS 0.98m for
v4.16 kernel, :)
code are available at
All-in-one patch is available too.
PS, PDS-mq patch repository is created, which will be used to category all pds-mq patch since 4. 13. I am thinking about migrate the source code/patch repository from bitbucket to github, because bitbucket used to have limit repository size(2G), but it looks like that they remove such limitation recently, what about your thought?